Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Dynamically link Knowledge to Advanced Request Offerings

This feature is something I discussed with a client recently and is the ability to use knowledge articles in AROs (possible right now through links).  The additional functionality needed is to allow a prompt such as "did this resolve your issue" with a Yes/No response.  If yes is selected, the IR is created and resolved with a relevant resolution category such as "resolved through self service" to track these and further encourage self service resolutions.
9 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanks Tom. Yes I saw that, but not quite the same.  I'm (well the client) is looking for this to be within the request offering rather than from the KB.
    So this would still create a new work item but resolve it automatically as a "self-help fix" if the user said that the article helped resolve the issue...

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Would it be worth expanding this so if the article didn't help, because it wasn't very clear or out of date, then it could prompt the article owner?
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I feel like the amount of Knowledge Base requests in an of themselves are in the "not enough votes" territory, but when you combine them they feel larger. Can't see the counts, so this is pure speculation on my part. It'd be great to see these two features overlap and for the Knowledge Base's overall functionality to grow.

S_Terry said:
    Would it be worth expanding this so if the article didn't help, because it wasn't very clear or out of date, then it could prompt the article owner?
    An AWESOME idea that again, further builds on the general idea of increasing Knowledge Base functionality but seems like if it were its own feature request wouldn't be in the enough votes territory. Again, it just feels as though if we were to combine a lot of what people are asking there would be some degree of overlap that I would like to think meet the criteria of enterprise standard vs. org practice.

I'd be (and I suppose many of us) curious to know if the the entire feature request base for the HTML KB is significant or still in the minority of overall feature requests.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Well said, @Adam_Dzyacky.  The community is continually suggesting improvements to this part of the portal, often times with very similar functionality.  I am not necessarily speaking for anyone else but there is a sense, whether well-founded or not, that while these features do not get many votes individually, A.) the number is significant when similar FRs are added together and B.) a significant amount of the code would be common/shared, meaning they would be best developed and implemented together.

It is as though the problem here is caused by us, the community, not doing a good enough job of campaigning for and coordinating our vote.  That does not sound like a pleasant experience (never mind the amount of time spent to convey a simple request), but perhaps it is necessary...?  I could effectively argue either side of that point, but I am wondering if that is where we are.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Second Tom.

And as evidence to @Tom_Hendrick's point, here's a Knowledge Base workflow style request I raised back in Sept 2016 that highlights @S_Terry 's suggestion