Home Asset Management
Options

Create Catalog Item RO Manufacturer List

James_TottenJames_Totten Customer IT Monkey ✭

Good afternoon all,

We currently have a Create Catalog Item request offering that asks the user to input the following:

-Enter the Manufacturer (Required) - String (String)

-Enter the Model (Required) - String (String)

-Select the Type (Required) - ListValue (String)

-Enter Cost (Required) - String (String)

We'd like to change the Manufacturer prompt from an open string field to a queried list of available manufacturers for the user to select from.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  I'm editing a copy of our existing offering, changing the Prompt Type from Text to Query Results.  In the Configure User Prompts section, I'm currently trying to set the Prompt Output to Catalog Item class.  I'm not sure if this is the correct class, but it does provide a list of manufacturers when I look at the option to Configure Criteria.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have a way set this field in the Map Prompts section:

As a result, I receive the following error attempting to publish the offering:

This seems like it should be a simple change, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of Cireson, Service Manager, Runbooks, etc.  Please let me know if I'm close or way off base.

Thanks,

-James

Answers

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Manufacturer is a list from the Hardware Asset suite. In order to map this field to a service request, you would need to extend the SR class to include the Hardware Catalog Item Manufacturer list. 

Alternatively, if you are using Advanced Request Offering from the Cireson Portal, you can map this using Multiple Mapping to be able to map the List Value into a String

Hope this helps