Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Portal Admin Function - Impersoante Another user

Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Would be nice for the portal admins to be able to impersoante other users.
As an Admin it would allow easier troubleshooting/verification of a specific user/group assignments on the portal. 
Currently we have to run with test accounts moving them arround as needed or screensharing during live troubleshooting.
15 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I agree with being able to tell the portal to treat me with "X" permissions of another user, but impersonating a user and doing things under their account skews accountability.  This account did something, who's held accountable... oh, it must be the admin because they have access to it any-time they want, go blame them!

Do you have access?
    Yes, but.....
    I've heard enough, Guilty!

You may think I'm exaggerating, but have you ever had that feeling when they start 'talking' to you and they're just going through the motions and handing down the pre-determined verdict.... yeah......
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I've wanted this...and then immediately didn't upon realizing "Why don't we just duplicate the AD account and see what can be inferred from there?"

Granted if you're trying to troubleshoot a specific user and not a group of users this isn't exactly a flawless process. But I've been comfortable with this in the face of security/accountability

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't find this request and created duplicate: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/4973/simulate-user
  • Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭