Home Analyst Portal

Users loosing access to work items

Michael_CostelloMichael_Costello Customer IT Monkey ✭
Has anyone else had trouble with users loosing access to items under My Requests?  This has been happening to some of our users.  They loose access to all the tickets in My Requests, create a ticket, then suddenly they have access to the tickets again.  For one user I changed the affected user to myself, changed it back to the user and he had access again.  I thought I would check here before submitting an incident.  Perhaps I'm over looking something simple.

Best Answer

• Michael_CostelloMichael_Costello Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    I didn't find any detailed errors.  We are running version 7.4.  I opened a ticket and they told me to update to 8.2.  So we'll do that and hope that takes care of it.

Answers

• Katie_DyerKatie_Dyer Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Michael,

I’d recommend enabling logging and taking a look through the log files when this issue is occurring.

• Stop the website
    • Stop the cache builder service
    • Delete/rename the existing webconsole.log file and cachebuilder log
    • Enable ALL level logging for the website if you haven’t already.   Instructions to enable ALL level logging can be found here:   https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/34/?selectedtab=enduser 
    • Restart the website
    • Restart the cache builder
    • Login again and attempt to recreate the issue.
    • Review the new webconsole.log and cachebuilder logs to gather more detailed information on the error

In additional, can you open the developer panel by selecting F12 and selecting the “Console” tab when you are running through steps to reproduce to see if any errors are caught here as well?

Any luck finding more detailed errors? Which version of the portal are you running? 

Thanks!

• Michael_CostelloMichael_Costello Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    I didn't find any detailed errors.  We are running version 7.4.  I opened a ticket and they told me to update to 8.2.  So we'll do that and hope that takes care of it.