Home Analyst Portal
Options

Cache builder not starting after upgrade

Jan_DamJan_Dam Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi,

i have just upgraded pur test servers to the latest version, but now i get this error when i try to start the cache builder:

Service cannot be started. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service.Pocos.DomainUser..ctor(String name)
   at Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service.Util.ConfigurationManagerUtil..ctor(ISettingsProvider settingsProvider)
   at DynamicInjectord99e3b3fe06f4eae862c5155b32c7b4d(Object[] )
   at Ninject.Activation.Context.ResolveInternal(Object scope)
   at Ninject.Activation.Context.Resolve()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<CastIterator>d__95`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service.CacheEngine.Initialize()
   at Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.CacheBuilder.OnStart(String[] args)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Any ideas to what is wrong?

This is the current version number from the portal:

Current Portal Version: 8.2.0.2012 

Management Pack Version: 7.7.2012.185 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Peter_LjungPeter_Ljung Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi.

I have the exact same issue with the Cache Builder after upgrade. Nothing is added to the log-file either.

//Peter

• Options
    john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Open the portal and browse to Admin Settings > Setting Items

Enter a valid group for the setting called: AnnouncementManagerADGroup

Then save this page. You should then be able to restart cache builder and it should run successfully.
  • Options
    Unfortunatly there is no setting called AnnouncementManagerADGroup
    Should there be?
  • Options
    Thanks John.

That did the tricks.
  • Options
    john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Jan_Dam one last thing. You may get an error when you try to access the License Settings page. If you do, please run this SQL query against the ServiceManagement db.

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM SettingsItem WHERE [Key]='AnalystPortalKey')&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>BEGIN&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>insert SettingsItem ([Key],[TenantId],[ModifiedDate])&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>values&nbsp;&nbsp; ('AnalystPortalKey',0,getdate())&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>END <br>IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM SettingsItem WHERE [Key]='SelfServicePortalKey')&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>BEGIN&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>insert SettingsItem ([Key],[TenantId],[ModifiedDate])&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>values&nbsp;&nbsp; ('SelfServicePortalKey',0,getdate())&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>END <br>IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM SettingsItem WHERE [Key]='DashboardsKey')&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>BEGIN&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>insert SettingsItem ([Key],[TenantId],[ModifiedDate])&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>values&nbsp;&nbsp; ('DashboardsKey',0,getdate())&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>END <br>IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM SettingsItem WHERE [Key]='AdvancedRequestOfferingKey')&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>BEGIN&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>insert SettingsItem ([Key],[TenantId],[ModifiedDate])&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>values&nbsp;&nbsp; ('AdvancedRequestOfferingKey',0,getdate())&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>END

• Options
    @john_doyle i did not get an error, and it seems like everything is working in our test inviroment again, so i can start testing our end user access.