Home Configuration Manager Ticker

Changing background color causes "The Announcement could not be posted" error

We are using version 1.2.1608.9 of the ConfigMgr TickerApp running under ConfigMgr 1706.  Using anything other than the default orange background causes  "The Announcement could not be posted" error (see attached examples).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

And thanks for making this app available!!

Answers

• Matt_MedleyMatt_Medley Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We are using version 1.2.1608.9 of the ConfigMgr TickerApp running under ConfigMgr 1706.  Using anything other than the default orange background causes  "The Announcement could not be posted" error (see attached examples).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

And thanks for making this app available!!

Hey James, I'll post this question internally and see if I can find an answer for you. 
  • James_JankowskiJames_Jankowski Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Matt, any luck checking internally?
  • Matt_MedleyMatt_Medley Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Matt, any luck checking internally?
    Hey James, no feed back yet. I'll post the question again and see if I can get something.
  • F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi James,

That sure looks odd. We save the color information in the Ticker WMI class and it looks like it throws an error while trying to save the mof for the class.
    The Ticker Admin generates a log, could you post that along with the smsprov.log from ConfigMgr?
    %programfiles (x86)%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\AdminUILog\Cireson\Cireson TickerAdmin.log
    And 
    %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs\SMSProv.log
    Both for the time of the error since the SMSProv.log is constantly updated.

You are welcome to message me directly if you don't want to share your logs public.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • James_JankowskiJames_Jankowski Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the reply Flemming!  I'll shoot you the logs directly.
This discussion has been closed.