Home Advanced Request Offering

Concatenate CI display name with other text in Title of Incident

Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Good day,

I have an interesting scenario and would appreciate some advice.

We have 50 remote sites, I have created a custom CI class with all the required properties for these sites. In the class I mapped the site supervisor to the "Owned by User" property.
Each site has an supervisor that will be using the portal to log incidents.
But they can also call the Service Desk to log an incident on their behalf. 

In the console I created 20 templates that specifies a title, support group, priority etc.
I created a RO's that uses these templates, in the RO I ask them to select the remote site via a query results prompt type and for a description.

The description I map to description in the template. For the query result I ticked the two boxes to add the CI as related items so this adds the site to the incident.

All of this works well but, It will be awesome if I could add the remote site display name to the title of the incident, this will allow the analysts to immediately see the affected site.

Lets say I made the title in the template as ADSL Problem, now I want to change the title to "Site 1 - ADSL Problem" after the incident has been created.

I tried to use the site name as a token to update the title but it just overwrites it, it does not concatenate. 

I guess this can probably be done with some Orchestrator magic, but I prefer to update it immediately without adding extra load to the system.

Any ides/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Gerhard

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at Advanced Request Offering Management Pack available (I think) 6.0 and up. I live and die by the ability to map different prompts to title and description. 
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Have you looked at Advanced Request Offering Management Pack available (I think) 6.0 and up. I live and die by the ability to map different prompts to title and description. 
    I have loaded the ARO, but can figure out how to make it concatenate the Original title with the site name
    I can get it to replace the title but I need to preserve the original title plus the site name.
    So in the template the title is ADSL and in the RO the user selects Site 1. Now I want the Title to update to Site 1 - ADSL.

I have used different options to "multiple map" in the ARO but it replaced the title with the site name every time
    WOW, I did not know you can add text as well. This is perfect and is exactly what I was looking for. I have not played much with the ARO so I dont know its true power.

Thanks for a speedy answer and the screenshot...

Regards
    Gerhard
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea you can use it to build really nice descriptions. (example from new printer setup)

This is so awesome, the only issue I have encountered is that in the template I selected the "Support Group" and the "Assigned To User". When the user logged the incident, it was sent to the support group and assigned to the correct user and he received a email.

After using the above method, the "Assigned to" goes blank and thus the incident is not auto assigned to the user. I know that I can do this with a workflow, but it was just easier to do it with the template. I will play around with it a bit to see if there is something I did wrong.

But thank you for giving me some insight into the Awesome ARO