Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Have User Input populate Description box

Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Should be an easy way to have User Input data populate the Description box and keep the formatting.

4 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Thomas_HathawayThomas_Hathaway Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I've attached a (quickly written) write-up of how we accomplish this in our environment. I think I've included enough to get you started within your environment. The biggest thing for us was to not only get the info from the SR level to the MA level but to go further and include all of that info in the notification email and allow them to complete the work from email.

Hope this helps.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it keeps the formatting, but you can populate the description field by using Multiple Mapping in Ciresons Advanced Request Offerings. (you can probably set up your own formatting)

http://imgur.com/wTbjpGg This is a screenshot of an example that I made up quickly
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks you Thomas. I never wrote a runbook before as our environment was implemented by a consultant but I'll try to write one with help from new hired colleagues who may have some experience with runbooks.  

Thank You Tony. We just updated to V5.07 , I didn't "play" with Cireson Advanced Request but we are using multiple mapping to populate Description with a Location just to have something in there for when the SR is saved by Helpdesk. I don't think multiple mapping will display the question/ prompt as well, only the answer.I'll test this.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part of Multiple Mapping is that you can include strings in between mapping prompts. So you can rewrite the question being asked and then include the answer afterwards.