Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

When Changing Views IIS Process caps CPU on Portal Web Server.

Sorry for the mouth full Subject, whenever I edit, remove or create a view in the console the IIS worker process caps CPU on the web server I've done some in depth troubleshooting and sent over my debug to our .net guys but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Best Answer

• Options
    CrobertsonCrobertson Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    I apologize, I should of been more specific, I hit 100% utilization on an 8 core server whenever I make changes to views from the console. The high utilization lasts for about 3 minutes or so per change.

Answers

• Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Can you elaborate a bit ore on what you mean by CAPS CPU?
  • Options
    CrobertsonCrobertson Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    I apologize, I should of been more specific, I hit 100% utilization on an 8 core server whenever I make changes to views from the console. The high utilization lasts for about 3 minutes or so per change.
  • Options
    Ozgur_SahinOzgur_Sahin Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Dear have you made any decision?
    I have also this problem
    100% CPU usage when I create or copy a new SO or View.

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering about this myself, without much time to test this week, so I am going to ask:  Does this pertain to "promoted" console views displayed in the portal, those created within the portal, or both? 
  • Options
    Ozgur_SahinOzgur_Sahin Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I am wondering about this myself, without much time to test this week, so I am going to ask:  Does this pertain to "promoted" console views displayed in the portal, those created within the portal, or both? 
    Dear

It does not pertain to the portal.
    For example, I only copy a request offering(also create a copy of the template referred to in that request offering) in SCSM console.As you know, this RO  is not published yet or not added to any Software offering.

the Cireson Portal slows down (because of CPU) during the coping of that RO.

PS-can the reason be that we have an old version of CIRESON Portal ?
  • Options
    Zackary_SlatesZackary_Slates Customer IT Monkey ✭

Checking it to see if someone figured this out?  We're experiencing similar issues where almost any change to the SCSM console spikes our CPU for around 30 seconds. 

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken this is a known thing when working in the console making changes to your Service Catalog. Discussion over here as well:
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/13948#Comment_13948