Home General Discussion

Issues with Incident Resolvers User Role

Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
Good Morning,

I have been asked to allow a group of users to close one custom incident.  I have created a specific request offering, created a queue for those incidents and created a custom Incident Resolvers user group and added a test user to that role.  I then restarted the cache builder, the Cireson portal and the website.  When I log onto the portal my test user is unable to close the incidents that are displayed under my work.  Initially I thought there was a conflict with another group so I removed the test user from all other groups and restarted all of the items I listed before.  My test user is still unable to resolve these incidents.  Could anyone point me to some information on what the precedents are for the user roles?  Secondly, What have I missed in allowing these user to close these incidents?

Please let me know if there is any additional information needed.

Thank you,

Best Answer

Answers

• john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jarrett_Faulk
    Have you extended the incident class by adding a new relationship? You may have to give the role permission to bind the target to this relationship. I need more details in order to help.
    You could try running this PowerShell script. Enter the ID of one of the custom incidents which could not be resolved by one of these users and execute the code.
    Import-Module SMLets<br>$ir = "IR138"<br>$irObj = Get-SCSMObject -Class (Get-SCSMClass System.WorkItem.Incident$) -Filter "Id -eq $ir"<br>Get-SCSMRelatedObject -SMObject $irObj<br><br>$sources = Get-SCSMRelationshipObject -BySource $irObj<br>foreach ($source in $sources) {<br>    Get-SCSMRelationshipClass -Id $source.RelationshipId | select DisplayName, Source, Target<br>    $source.LastModified.DateTime<br>    }<br><br>$targets = Get-SCSMRelationshipObject -ByTarget $irObj<br>foreach ($target in $targets) {<br>    Get-SCSMRelationshipClass -Id $source.RelationshipId | select DisplayName, Source, Target<br>    $target.LastModified.DateTime}
    Then resolve the Incident with an Admin user and run the script again. Which relationships have been modified/created?

• Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hello @john_doyle,

We have not extended the incident class at all.  We haven't extended any of the classes as far as I know.  I ran the scripts as you asked but there wasn't much change between when the incident was opened and when it was closed with an administrator account.  Anything not shown in the screen shot is the same with both runs. I did notice that the time stamps on the entries was off by over 5 hours.  I don't know what would cause that but I will check the time settings on the servers.  I was under the impression that once I assigned a user to the custom incident resolvers they would see the change status option when they opened the request in the portal but the tasks pane only shows two options, Add Me To WatchList and Print .

Please let me know what else is needed to correct this.

Thank you,
    Hi @Jarrett_Faulk
    I think there is some misunderstanding here. The Change Status task will only be available to users who are members of the Analysts AD group. It is not related to their ability to modify the status on the incidents. Your Incident Resolvers need to be in the AD Group which is named in the Admin Settings > Setting Items for the setting AnalystsADGroup.
  • Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @john_doyle

So my understanding of how this works is wrong.  Aside from making all of these users Analysts is there any why for me to allow them to close incidents.  I already have requests for 3 different departments to have their users close various incidents.  I was really under the impression that i would be able to include these users in the incident resolvers role and they would be able to close incidents in the queues i've created for them.