Home Service Manager
Options

SCSM 2016 and Primary Computer User Relationship

Steve_O'ConnorSteve_O'Connor Customer IT Monkey ✭
Would be interested to know if anyone on Service Manager 2016 is seeing any issues with the Primary Computer User relationship that is pulled in from the Configuration Manager connector?

We migrated rather than upgraded to 2016. We still have a 2012 development environment sitting here with the same settings as the 2016 environments (production and test) and the primary computer user is not updating in the 2016, but is in the 2012 environments.

Comments

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2016 environment is working fine, but it's not an upgrade.
    If no one else on the community has an upgraded environment, let me know after a few days and I'll upgrade my 2012 test environment so I can see if I can re-produce it for you.

In the mean time, hows the ConfigMgr connector health? Is it pulling in up-to-date data?
    Are there any errors in the event log?
  • Options

Hi Brett, we migrated using the Lifecycle app, it's not an upgrade.

ConfigMgr connector health seems fine, we are getting data from it. No errors in the event log.

The 2012 one is showing data for the primary computer user, but the 2016 one's aren't. The 2016 dev environment is a fresh install of SM 2016 and the data is populated initially from the lifecycle app. The configmgr connector in dev is then added and same issue as production.

• Options
    R_DelawderR_Delawder Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Don't know if this will help but the following are the queries I use to find the primary user / computer information from the SM database.

use ServiceManager

select BME1.FullName as ComputerName, BME2.FullName as PrimaryOwner,rs.* from RelationshipView RS left join BaseManagedEntity BME1 on RS.SourceEntityId=BME1.BaseManagedEntityId

left join BaseManagedEntity BME2 on RS.TargetEntityId=BME2.BaseManagedEntityId

-- (like computername)

where BME1.FullName LIKE'%POR-MXL724119S%' and

RelationshipTypeId in

(select RelationshipTypeId from RelationshipType where RelationshipTypeName='System.computerPrimaryuser')

Select * from LFXSTG.v_Cached_CMv5_TopComputerUser

-- (like computername)

where PrincipalName LIKE '%POR-MXL7170DPC%%'

Order By Lfx_Timestamp DESC

• Options
    damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I am also seeing this on a clean SCSM 2016 install. Still investigating.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure we had it confirmed as a bug from our PSA case. @Tom_Hyde should be able to confirm that when he's in the office.
  • Options
    ChaseChase Member IT Monkey ✭
    Has anyone found any more information on this? I am seeing the same thing in our environment after doing an upgrade to SCSM. I have CU4 applied to SCSM and we are on SCCM 1706.
  • Options
    John_LockettJohn_Lockett Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Has anyone found a resolution for this?  We see all of the other SCCM computer related data, but the Primary User does not show up in SCSM (version 1807).
  • Options
    Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I'd be interested in more information also. We have the issue right now with SCCM 2016 (1706) and SCSM 2012 R2 that quite a few primary users are missing on computer objects. Microsoft is working on the case with me. We plan to upgrade to SCSM 2016 soon and I definitely don't want to deal with the same issue that primary users are not present.