Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Cannot create new Page

Hi Community,

I'm new on Community Portal. After setting up Portal and set all groups and doing some small customizations in CSS I want to go forward to create some new pages.
My problem is, that "Create new Page" button and all other buttons on Navigation settings page are greyed out. I'm in the administrator, Knowledge Manager and Analyst group. Can anyone help me with this?
Could be that it is a really stupid problem, but I don't know how to solve this.

Thanks
Rene

Answers

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hey,

Check to see what errors you are getting in the Webconsole & Cachebuilder log files
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi @Rene89

You need a Cireson Analytics (Dashboard Designer) licence for a new page. Could that be the issue?

Geoff
  • Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

it depends what you need, but maybe check out this link https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/6184  (message from Daran_Stokes  / July 12th and the enclosed zip file) - maybe (I am not sure about that) for those kind of customization you do not need the Cireson Analytics.

• Rene89Rene89 Member IT Monkey ✭
    @James_Atance In both it's saying, that connection to  ServiceManager db is failed. But there are no changes. I can connect to db with Pool Identity Account.

@Geoff_Ross Could be. I only use the Free Community Edtion Portal by now. I thought it is possible to create blank page on this way, so that customizations can be done on the blank created content.

Sorry for that post.
    Thanks for fast response

@Roland_Kind Many thanks I will have a look on that. I think this could help me
  • James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Like Geoff mentioned only customers with a valid Analyst licenses can create new pages and links, as this does not come with the Free Community Edition
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    @Rene89
    You can create custom pages from scratch, see this example here

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3080/cireson-portal-analyst-comment-search

However, you will need the licence to create dashboard pages (this is what New Page is referring to).

Geoff
    Ok I understand now. But is it correct that every button on the navigation settings are greyed out? I also do not have the possibility to create a new link in the navigation pane. Now I know how can I create new pages and how I can customize them, but I want to publish them via navigation settings. I think to publish my custom sites on navigation db is not a good way.
    Could it be that I have a bug in my installation?
  • john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Rene89

It is not a bug in your installation. The ability to customise the portal is limited to customers who have purchased the product. That is why the navigation buttons are not available in the free version.