Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Making comment log more user friendly

PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Would it be possible to separate comment from the action log and get a more readable and quick result (the look of the history tab) not needing to open all the action log lines. 
39 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    No promises, but we may be working on something already in this vain.  Great suggestion!
  • Options
    PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    There are other improvements that could be made here. I don't like that users can see the names of service accounts in the history.
  • Options
    Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I don't think it sorts by seconds, which means if multiple logs are being entered, the order them is out of place.
  • Options
    Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I agree-room for improvements here. When the item gets assigned to an analyst the action log will show Created By (the user who created the entry-who assigned the ticket). End users looks at  the entry without extending it and thinks the item is assigned to the user who actually assigned the item (created the entry). We had multiple instances when end user contacted the analyst who assigned the item and not the one who had the item, Very confusing for end users.

The service account should be hidden under History log. Huge security exposure there.
  • Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 the hiding service accounts
  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiding of service accounts is something we have heard a lot from customers.
    One issue that would arise here is the number of service accounts and their names.
    Would it be an acceptable solution just to remove any of the service accounts that are identified within SCSM? (Workflow, Connectors, Orchestrator etc.) ?
    Or would it be required to have a pattern match? (SVC_%) etc.
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hiding of service accounts is something we have heard a lot from customers.
    One issue that would arise here is the number of service accounts and their names.
    Would it be an acceptable solution just to remove any of the service accounts that are identified within SCSM? (Workflow, Connectors, Orchestrator etc.) ?
    Or would it be required to have a pattern match? (SVC_%) etc.

The latter would cover the Orchestrator runbook service account, which (AFAIK) doesn't have SCSM-level permissions, but can manipulate objects.

• Options
    True.
    Orchestrator service account would not write to the log, but the account used to access SCSM IP from Orch would.
    I'd be interested to hear if others would also be able to live with a pattern match on accounts.
    I know all my service accounts have always had a specific naming convention (svc_%) but not sure about the wider community.
    Please post your preference to this thread so we can gauge feedback from the widest possible group.
  • Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking at removing specific users/service accounts from the Incident/Service Request action log on the portal using custom Javascript ( with .hide() ). My Javascript isn't quite there yet, but I'm looking at it this week. 

In the meantime, hiding accounts with the username 'svc-' or similar would be great to include as an option in the 'Settings Items' page in the Admin Settings. 
    Or just being able to hide comments with a certain Title such as "The review activity votes were processed" or "There was a status change for activity". These are pretty nonsensical to an end user (even to analysts)

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the pattern matching + static values dynamically (i.e. the console portal config lets you +
     New Account to Exclude) would be pretty fantastic. Although a single pattern match would suffice as a v1.
  • Options
    Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    As Adam said, pattern matching and the ability to add specific accounts (static values) would be great. We have a naming convention for our service accounts, so the pattern matching would be great / enough for us, but others would probably benefit from being able to assign static values also.
  • Options
    Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I completely agree the service accounts should be hidden.
  • Options
    Adrian_ProbstAdrian_Probst Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    This is a pain for one of our customer. It will be nice if it's possible to edit the visible columns and to filter which types of entries can the enduser see (e.g. the enduser can only see action log entries with type "Enduser Comment" and the column "Created by" is hidden)
  • Options
    Amanda_HoreAmanda_Hore Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Agree this will be great to hide service account entries for end users.  Be able to specify the name of the service account in settings or just anything using svc would be fine.
  • Options
    Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Any update on this? How can we hide all these service account entries? If you have SRs with many activities the Action Log gets very cluttered with these nonessentials entries.
  • Options
    Hi @Adrian_Mataisz
    No update on this other than the more votes we get for this the higher up the order it will go for our development team to include it in a development sprint in the future.

In the mean time, you could hide the comment from the end user (Security by Obscurity) by developing some custom CSS or JS code that would just hide the comments that are entered by the target accounts.
  • Options
    Ryan_KennedyRyan_Kennedy Customer IT Monkey ✭
    33 up votes now - any indication on when this would be implemented?
    Or has anyone got any custom css / js they can share that does this?
  • Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Ryan
    There has been an upload to the community download section for this kind of modification: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1861/custom-expanded-action-log-comments