Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

SR, IR, CR Auto-Save to Drafts

Just had a situation come up that led me to thinking, “Hey, here’s a great feature!” One of our users was putting in a new SR when he had to take a call from a vendor. He was unable to submit the SR before his session timed out and now must re-enter all the work. A feature like “Save in Drafts” might be a cool bit of functionality so you don't lose all the data you've put in should your session time out.

19 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea.

There is one thing which I do all the time when my session times out and that is to log in on another tab in the browser. The browser will overwrite the original authentication cookie enabling the session again, but without affecting the content which has been entered in the original browser tab. I can go back to that and finish what I was doing. It works in Microsoft Edge. I have more trouble with Chrome, which gets stuck in a login loop sometimes.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could potentially also help reduce or eliminate the Data Conflict errors that so many analysts see so often when they click "Apply" to try not to lose their work, then keep updating only to find out that a workflow was running and they cannot save anything they entered after clicking "Apply."
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    +1 this would also be very useful for KB articles. 
  • David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I've had a question about this functionality in pretty much every user training session I've done