Home Asset Management

how to display primary user in "Hardware Assets - All"-view?

Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi folks

How can I display the primary user in the general "Hardware Assets - All"-view?
What I imagine looks like that:

In my opinion, the primary user value is the second important information, right after the device name.

Thanks and best regards
Silas

Best Answer

Answers

• Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi @john_doyle, many thanks for your effort and fast answer!!
    Unfortunately I'm not sure where I can create that Odata chart widget.
    I found this article about Odata chart widget: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1401#/ but I still don't know where to open that feature.

Our portal version: 8.0.2012.6

can only open the following settings:

Can you give me the needed hint? 

Thanks and best regards

Silas

• john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Silas_Sulser 
    You should have the ODATA Chart Widgets as they were introduced in v8.0.6.

To create one, you need to be licensed for the dashboards. If you are, you can go to Navigation Settings and create a new page. Open the new page in the browser, and you will have an Edit button on the bottom of the screen. You can click this and then Add Content which allows you to add these ODATA Chart Widgets.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about those of us poor souls for whom the ODATA endpoints have never worked and still continue not to work in any environment? :'(

For reference: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2922/v8-x-all-odata-platform-calls-fail-with-401-is-this-a-setup-config-issue#latest
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @john_doyle that worked well so far, except that I can not choose any columns:

Do you know what I missed (I can't chose a predefined value nor cant I enter a value manually)?

Many thanks for your help!
  • john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Silas_Sulser
    If you get nothing when you click on that field, it probably means that the Platform Cache service is not replicating the data from the ServiceManager database. There was an issue with the initial release which caused this to occur. The best thing to do would be to upgrade to version 8.2.1 which I am hoping will be released today.