Home Service Manager

Review Notifications

Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
We recently moved our CR process from word docs to SCSM.
I am attempting to get notifications to go out for Review activityes but running into issues. 
The review activites I want to reference the linked CR ID & Title. but running into issues that the fields are blank in the notification. 
Attempting to use the blog entry 
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2012/04/03/using-data-properties-from-the-parent-work-items-in-activity-email-templates/
But this emails return the code and not the value. I must be missing something simple but hoping someone can point it out. 
Thanks 

Best Answer

Answers

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    My initial guess with the code not becoming a value is that your alias in the mp your notification is saved in is not the same.

Handling Activities

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Im not sure that this is actual, but I try option that was metnioned by @Brian_Wiest and it works.
    I use relation "Contains Activity". It used Targeted class: Review Activity:

Try to copy code below:
    <div>ID: $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$&nbsp;<br><br/><br>Author:&nbsp; $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItemCreatedByUser' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_Library!System.User']$?$DisplayName$?</div><div><br/><br><div>Title:&nbsp; $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Title$</div><div>											<br/></div><div>Description:<br/>&nbsp;</div><div>$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Description$</div></div>