Home Analyst Portal

Custom Type Projection Not Saving Changes When Saving New Incident

Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have a requirement to have a "Preferred Contact User" UserPicker field associated to our incidents.
I followed cireson KB article:
https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1174#/

I managed to get the new Type Projection working, imported into SCSM, added the Type Projection GUID into the Admin settings, and updated Incident.js to show the new "PreferredContactUser" field.

When opening an "existing" incident in the portal, I can save the Preferred Contact User, and it sticks.
However, when logging a "new" incident, the Preferred Contact User information is not sticking.

I have attached a zip file with my Type Projection.

One includes console form customisations (so you can test it in the console and portal).
The other is clean, and does not include any console form customisations (so you can only test in the portal).

I have already logged an incident for this (https://support.cireson.com/Incident/Edit/IR49081/)
But any help from the community would also be appreciated :)

Kind Regards,
Adrian

Best Answer

Answers

• Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Carrie.. Just about try and attempt this today. Will let you know how I go..
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

That fixed it! Thanks Carrie :)

Regards, Adrian

• Dieter_SaerensDieter_Saerens Partner IT Monkey ✭
    I have the same problem with a relation and type projection between Location and User. I mapped the form with the right ID to an AD Group, but it doesn't load the new form I added to the Location.JS.

Any suggestions?
  • john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Dieter_Saerens 

I should have read this comment before I replied in the other thread. In the current release, the type projection used by the Location form is hard-coded into the form controller and cannot be changed. The form will not load any related objects which are not included in that type projection.