Home General Discussion
Options

Any issues with custom Task Activity Sync?

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Per my earlier post about not being able to sync Task Activities to Change Requests (without RR tickets), I am looking into creating my own sync of Task Activities with PWA projects, using the PWA API (and the classes defined in the Cireson PWA Connector).

However, I first want to ask: If I create my own connector/automation to create Task Activities based on PWA projects that I have synced to SCSM and relate the TA's to Change Request (and possibly Service Request) tickets that are related to said projects, should I expect any problems or conflicts with the actual Cireson PWA Connector?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, this did not even get off the ground.  We had to prioritize a large number of other backlog items ahead of this.  It seems pretty straightforward, after looking at the PWA side, but it will have to wait.  For now, we are settling for syncing the projects so that they can be added as related CI's to tickets.

Perhaps after more projects sync to TFS work items to track development milestones, more people will ask why we cannot do this with Change tickets, and the priority will be pushed higher.