Home Analyst Portal

403 Forbidden When Updating Work Item

Ryan_SmithRyan_Smith Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
I'm testing out the Work Items in SCSM with the latest edition of the Cireson Analyst Portal. A task that's assigned to me will not let me update the work item. I've tried to add a simple note and mark the item complete. I get a 403 Forbidden when attempting to Apply or Save.

Comments

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hey Ryan,

If you run the following query within SQL, changing the username & WI, does it say you have access to the WI or not?

EXEC spCheck_UserWorkItemPermissions 'Ryan','SR92'

• Ryan_SmithRyan_Smith Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    James, we'll check the query. For testing purposes we added my account to "Advanced Operators" and it worked. Seems like that's a bit more elevated than it should be.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ryan_Smith - before being added to Advanced Operators did you have permission to the parent work item?  If an activity is assigned to you, but you don't have permission to the parent you won't be able to see it.
    @Justin_Workman - I submitted a Service Request from our Service Catalog. Orchestrator than takes the information and converts the SR to a CR since CRs cannot be natively displayed in the portal. It's my understanding in reading the SCSM documentation that once the activity is assigned then implied permissions should be granted to the task implementer.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    That's correct.  But to see it in the portal you would need permission to the parent work item.  
    @Justin_Workman - I've never had a problem seeing the item. It was only updating the manual activity.