Home Self-Service Portal - Community

IR offering to Cireson SSP

after installing the Microsoft SSP the Generic IR offering was on the page. and we could submit tickets,

I started getting interested in the Cireson Self Service Portal (and products) we finally got the portal installed but nothing is populating from SCSM.  the Generic IR offering is published but nothing is pulling to Cireson's SSP.  Created a new IR offering and its not populating either. The only option under NEW is about Announcements.

There is nothing in the CacheBuilder log file. the only error we have is a license error on webconsole. but we're only using the SSP for now.

I've been banging my head against this for a few days and any article I think might lead me to the answer requires a Cireson Logon.   any ideas of where I can start?

Best Answer

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    The only thing turning up in the New pane is Announcements? That sounds like a permissions issue from core SCSM. But coupled with nothing getting populated into the DB it all sounds as though it adds up.

You can turn up your logging on the portal (i.e. cachebuilder) by modifying the following file:

Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe.config - you'll find this in CiresonPortal\bin. Open it up and look for the <logger name="Logger"> section. Within this area, you'll see "level value" change this to ALL. Just an FYI, CacheBuilder will need to be stopped and restarted to pick this change up. Once you've done this you'll be able to head into CiresonPortal\bin\Logs and read the CacheBuilder log as data populates.

Since it sounds like things aren't making their way over, the hope is the log will reveal a permissions related issue.
  • TravisTravis Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you both for the responses! I threw myself into the deep end with SCSM.  Joe was on the spot with my missed configs.