Home Self-Service Portal - Community

On adding an Action log in a Service request no notifications are sent.

Background: Incident request emails are working for when an incident is created, action log updated and resolved.

I have created a service request now and emails are sent when a service request is created and resolved (standard SM subscription setup) - no worries.

But in the Cireson "Notify analyst settings" we have a notify user template, which works when updating the action log for incidents, but not for service requests, although I guess it is used for both IR and SR?

Answers

• James_PalmerJames_Palmer Customer IT Monkey ✭

Sort of worked it out, you need to create a template with the "work item comment log" class, so now it is showing in the Cireson notify analyst settings, but when I update a service request there are no update emails being sent.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

James

Anyone help please?
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Could you post your Notify Analyst settings?
    Did you check for any errors in the event log? You can find the relevant logs in Applications and Services Logs > Operations Manager.
  • john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @James_Palmer What version of Notify Analyst are you using? What you are describing sounds like something that was addressed in V8.0.1.

Hi,

we are running 7.7.2016.16.

How do I get this version and are there install notes?

Thanks

James

softwaredownloads.cireson.com

I've installed it and now get this error - screenshot attached, and when I click 'close' it goes into the settings but it shows version 7.7.2016.16 ??

Please advise ...

Did you copy the included dll's to the management server, as described in the install instructions?
    They were already in the folder from the install of version 7.7.2016 previously.
    Any thoughts?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time you update on the apps you should overwrite the DLL as it is updated as well. 
    But to verify that 
    Right click the dll and choose properties
    Then details tag
    Compare the versions between the one current in your SCSM folder vs the one included in the download for the latest version of the app.

Should have clarified;

The Sm dll's from the authoring folder were already there.

I then followed the install instructions;

I installed the MPB

Then the workflows

then copied the dll's.

???

Well that was a gotcha - I closed and then re-opened the SM Console - all okay now !!!!!!!!