Home Analyst Portal

What will be dashboard permissions for building in v5.1?

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
I submitted a feature request, but it was shared with me that this may best be suited as a question - 

With v5.1 currently in development, it appears that like Announcements, dashboard creation will be limited to SCSM Admins. It would be great if this function could be delegated to another AD group through the portal as managers and even analysts would like to generate reports on themselves/the larger picture of SCSM.

If not this, it would be especially helpful if SCSM admins could "absorb" other users searches to generate dashboards rather than build the search themselves.

More than anything, I'm looking to decrease the strain this function will place on a small group of employees.

What is the current plan for permissions around this new feature?

Best Answer

Answers

• Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I totally agree with the concept above, as we also tend to use service desk personnel to communicate to the business.

As the front line team, they tend to be better informed as to what is going on.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts @Steve_Wright ?
    Wait...you would or wouldn't be surprised if they made it into the product roadmap? Please tell me you made a typo. :neutral:
  • Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Ha! thanks for catching the typo Adam! - I fixed it above.  :):)
    Most excellent.