Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

work item reminder notification

Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I'm often asked if there is any ability to set a reminder on a work item.
What my colleagues are looking for would be a simple feature to set a date & time value, to automatically send a reminder mail like "dont forget IRXXX".

Our usecase: we are working for a company with almost 3000 employees, so on- and offboarding is a very big part of our daily business. Sometimes we have onboarding SRs, which need te be finished in 1 or 2 months (final deadline to setup whole workspace and entry of new employee on one specific day).
Our analysts sometimes have up to 50 or 60 active work items what is really difficult to keep an overview about all and dont forget one of them.

Would that be possible anyhow?
thanks and merry xmas

Silas
9 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    When one of these SR's are opened are you utilizing the schedule start/end dates?
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Brian_Wiest I assume you're talking about this feature, right?

Am I correct, that this is only possible with using manual activities?
    After adding a scheduled end date it should be displayed in "My Calendar" in Cireson Portal, right?

Many thanks and best regards
    Silas
    Yes that is what I am referring to. 
    Note SR's have Scheduled start/end dates as well but not visible by the GUI. I target them via the service offerings, and them depending one the use case of the support group, provide a SQL table widget based on a difference of start/end and getdate() to provide an overview of objects that should be reviewed. Others a SSRS report that gets emailed in the morning to management of "reminders" 

Still upvoting this as I still have not found a way to "tickle" assigned to analyst of work items that have been stale for x number of days.
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help and the vote!
    I will definitely check out your solutions.
    What I have in mind is a very simple feature for IRs and SRs to be reminded on a specific date/time.
    The easier the better :)

• Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
    Doesn't the Notify Analyst app send reminders out for assigned to work items on a regular basis? 

Yes I have the reminder settings. What the use case is for is that MGT wants tickles on items that Last modified date is greater then X. and include MGT on the tickler email. 
  • Bryan_McCartneyBryan_McCartney Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Is there any way to adjust the design of the work item reminder notification? (cell outlines, color)

Thank you.

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

And what's up with that Activity Type Header?! C'mon Man.