Home Notify Analyst

How to get the Ticket number in the E-Mail Template

Oliver_BeyerOliver_Beyer Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi everybody,

i need to notify the Analyst and the User if someone write something in the Action log but i don't know which Parameter i have to use to get the ticket number in the mail.

Best regards Oliver

Answers

• Michael_AidinovichMichael_Aidinovich Cireson Solution Architect Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Oliver,

The Cireson KB article at https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/48#/ provides the information your looking for.  Just a matter of adding it to the email notification template.  Hope that helps.

Mike
  • Gerhard_LiebelGerhard_Liebel Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I am having the same issue and the KB article does not address it.
    I want to notify the end user when a comment has been logged but i am unable to find the correct variable to display the incident number.

The variable "$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_SupportingItem_Library!System.Information']/Id$" only displays the GUID of the comment itself.

"$Context/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemHasCommentLog' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Id$" also just displays a GUID.

This is how my email looks:

Please help.

Gerhard

• john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Gerhard_Liebel  

You should use the Has User Comment relationship to link to the WorkItem Id rather than the Work Item Has Comment Log relationship.

This is what it looks like on my server:
    $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicketHasUserComment' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$

• Gerhard_LiebelGerhard_Liebel Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi @Gerhard_Liebel  

You should use the Has User Comment relationship to link to the WorkItem Id rather than the Work Item Has Comment Log relationship.

This is what it looks like on my server:
    $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicketHasUserComment' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$

Hello John,

that worked! Thought I tried all relationships... but guess I missed it.

Thank you!

Gerhard