Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

Set custom view as homepage

We have some wild ideas for a landing page within the Self-Service Portal. I've already created a custom view and it's working great. Only caveat is that the URL is like this: /view/CustomViewName, and when I want to set EndUserHomepage, it only accepts GUIDs.

I've tried this method: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1246/example-creating-a-custom-iframe-page-in-the-cireson-portal
But then you get the navigation double, as it includes the entire page in the iframe.

I'd like to be able to set my custom view as a homepage, is there a way to register the view so that it has a GUID, or any other way?
I've looked at the code that makes up a viewpanel in the database, and I can't figure out what I need to put there to make all the javascript work the way it does when loaded through the custom view method.

Thanks in advance!

Dorus Rolvink

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Dorus_RolvinkDorus_Rolvink Partner IT Monkey ✭
    ....Well, now I've tried it again, and it works like you say. I got thrown off because of the red flag when you type in a URL, and the fact it didn't want to save the first time around. Must've been a glitch (my test environment is not 100% stable).

Thanks a bunch!