Home Auto Close

Incidents are not closing

Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
I have implemented Auto Close in my production environment but i'm not seeing any of the resolved incidents moving over to the closed status.  I've double checked that everything was imported and that the other files were copied to the correct locations.  I have installed this on the primary service manager server and not on the primary workflow server. Has anyone come across an issue with this product not working correctly?

thanks in advance.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jarrett_Faulk - Did you make sure to unblock the zip before copying the DLLs?  Are there any workflow failures for the AutoClose workflows in Administration/Workflows/Status?

• Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Justin_Workman Everything is showing a failure status in the location you specified.  The exception i see states that the Value "CiresonAutoCloseWorkflows" specified for the workflow assembly is invalid.  The system cannot find the file specified. 
    I would suggest downloading AutoClose again.  Make sure to unblock the zip file(right click; select properties; check unblock); extract and recopy the DLLs.
    @Justin_Workman
    i've removed and installed everything again and i'm still get the same failures. I've attached a screen shot of the error message. Hopefully that will help.
    Just to clarify, CiresonAutoCloseWorkflows.dll is present at C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager?  The error is saying it can't find it and this is where it's expected to be.
    It is present at that location.  File version is 7.5.2000.4.  I removed it and put a fresh copy there from the new download folder and it still doesn't work.
    Can you verify you're using the right "version" of AutoClose for your version of SCSM(2012 vs 2016)?  I'm not sure why else it couldn't find the DLL.
    i've confirmed that I am running Service Manager 2016, I do have the 2016 version of AutoClose.  I did notice this time that the ActivityLibrary.dll and the Common.dll file have modified dates from 2017.  There is also a set of those files that have modified dates from 2012.  Would those files have an affect on this product?
    Are there any other suggestions to get this working?  
    So i changed the Incidents Resloved for Days:  setting from 7 to 1 and the process completed with no issues. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
  • john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jarrett_Faulk  
    The change to the workflow settings may have triggered a change in SCSM. I imagine that setting it back to 7 will still work. I imagine that flushing the SCSM cache (i.e. stopping the Microsoft Monitoring Agent and clearing out the the Health Service State folder) would also have resolved the problem.