Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Change Multiple Activity Statuses Prior to Save

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
If you need to change the status of more than one activity at a time, currently you must change one, save, wait for workflow to run, keep reloading....keep reloading...etc., change the status of the next activity, then repeat.  This is an incredible waste of time for our analysts.

Instead, why not make the changes in the portal all at once and save the ticket once?  A batch request for workflows (in order) could be sent to SCSM and run there behind the scenes.  This would free the analyst to get back to work and lessen the performance degradation for everyone else from all the extra sessions.
10 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    That's great idea. Mayby there is some workaround for now? I search on community but nothing found.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks What is the use case of this? I run into this when SR/CR design is off from the Use Case. For one off instances I use the console to mass update when needed. (Mass in that 50 tickets all need activities marked. So update for first set of 50 wait for workflow then the next set)
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You essentially described it, @Brian_Wiest but I can narrow it even further.  Let's say that there are multiple MA's in a particular SR or CR, and they were essentially completed together, for one reason or another.  Rather than marking complete, saving, waiting for workflow, refreshing, then repeating, it would be nice to be able to mark them all complete.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my use cases that have events that I have SR/CR that have a good possibility of getting down at the same time I wrap them into a parallel activity. This makes them all active at the same time so the analyst can mark them all complete without waiting for workflow. 
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    While that doesn't solve this for me in all cases, it is an absolutely terrific tip that will help in many others.  Thanks for that, @Brian_Wiest!