Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Have you seen a message stating "The database must belong to the listed site server" during setup?

Hey Cireson Community:

I've got a fun question for you. I'm trying to setup the Cireson Portal for Configuraiton Manager on a primary site in our hierarchy and receiving this message when trying to configure the Configuration Manager Database Settings. The full message is "Cannot validate Configuration Manager database. The database must belong to the listed site server"

This site is setup as a primary site with a standalone SQL install on the primary site server, which is then connected to the CAS in our environment. I'm running the CMP installation as the service account that installed the primary site system and is a SysAdmin in the database instance. I've already got an instance of the CMP installed in another domain/primary site, and have successfully installed the CMP on multiple Dev/Test instances of SCCM.

I took a peek around the community and the support page/knowledge base, but have not seen this called out anywhere before. Have any of you fine IT Monkey's seen this before, and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

-Bryan

Best Answers

• Bryan_TaylorBryan_Taylor Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Matt,

Sorry it has taken so long to get a response to you. I have not submitted a support ticket for this as we have revised our plans for the CMP in our environment. For reference, we have 4 primary sites in our environment with a CAS connecting them all.

Initially, we had a political reason to break our CMP license into 4 separate licenses and the plan was to install the CMP on a site server in each site. These plans have changed however and with the release of True Control Center, we'll be installing this in one location and pointing it at the CAS while utilizing the RBAC model from the console.

If I see the same issue when I install TCC, I'll absolutely put in a support ticket and direct it to you though.

Thanks!

Answers

• Bryan_TaylorBryan_Taylor Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Matt,

Sorry it has taken so long to get a response to you. I have not submitted a support ticket for this as we have revised our plans for the CMP in our environment. For reference, we have 4 primary sites in our environment with a CAS connecting them all.

Initially, we had a political reason to break our CMP license into 4 separate licenses and the plan was to install the CMP on a site server in each site. These plans have changed however and with the release of True Control Center, we'll be installing this in one location and pointing it at the CAS while utilizing the RBAC model from the console.

If I see the same issue when I install TCC, I'll absolutely put in a support ticket and direct it to you though.

Thanks!