Home Survey App

Reporting on Surveys

Erin_MurphyErin_Murphy Customer IT Monkey ✭

At the moment, we are creating excel dashboards for Work Items from DW data. Is there a way to do the same with the survey data?

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erin_Murphy -There's not an easy way to do it yet.  A new version of the survey app is being developed that should make it a lot easier!

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Justin_Workman, any idea on the expected release date for the new version of the survey app? And is it possible to get an alpha or beta version for testing? Our organization is looking to roll out surveys in the coming months and it would be excellent to provide leadership with some insight as to what the new feature will entail. 
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jonathan_Boles - I don't have an expected date, but I wouldn't expect anything soon.  Sorry..
  • Erin_MurphyErin_Murphy Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks guys, do you know if the survey data writes to the DW at all?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The surveys become configuration items in the CMDB and as such, they are written to the DW....technically.

The base object is written there, so you can see that a survey was taken, but the properties you are looking for (e.g.: minor things, such as the answers) will not be written to the DW unless you specify that they should.  This requires some swimming in the deep end and authoring a management pack. 

(Unless Cireson plans to tackle this in the next version of the survey app, the same way that they have for several of their other products....HINT :))
  • Charles_BurtonCharles_Burton Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I too am looking for improved survey reporting options either within the portal or external. A survey tool update on the way?