Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Allow Portal Announcement Creation / Updates from non Portal Administrators

Delegate the right to create announcements to non administrative users or a specified group. 
58 votes

Completed · Last Updated

We will be reviewing this request in our next product team review session.

Comments

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    There should be a specific announcement manager group rather than having to be an scsm admin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    There should be a specific announcement manager group rather than having to be an scsm admin.

I like this idea!
  • Josh_CrewJosh_Crew Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I've successfully created request offerings to handle new and edit existing announcements. Using some customization, I've leveraged Cireson's portal APIs, jquery, kendo UI and Orchestrator to build this solution.

I've attached screenshots of the 2 forms I've created. These include using Kendo UI's to create user pickers and html editor.

Having this setup as request offerings allows you to control access where your not tied to a single group.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be huge as the need to be an SCSM Admin is too high of a privilege to grant any employee that simply needs to post announcements (help desk managers, help desk, etc.)

Unfortunately without this functionality, we don't even make use of the announcements feature.
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Josh_Crew said:
    I've successfully created request offerings to handle new and edit existing announcements. Using some customization, I've leveraged Cireson's portal APIs, jquery, kendo UI and Orchestrator to build this solution.

I've attached screenshots of the 2 forms I've created. These include using Kendo UI's to create user pickers and html editor.

Having this setup as request offerings allows you to control access where your not tied to a single group.
    Josh, this looks absolutely awesome! Is this something you'd be willing to share? This is something that would be incredibly useful within our organization's environment as right now we've had to give admin rights for just for folks to create announcements which is certainly not best practice for security :smile:

I can see if I could put together a raw tutorial of how this was accomplished, provided I can find some free time.
  • Kevin_BaierKevin_Baier Customer IT Monkey ✭

I also created something to handle this.

I created a Request Offering where my Analysts can create Announcements.

With the Userinput i start a SMA Runbook which creates the Announcement in the Portal via Portal API's.

And sends a Mail to the Creator with the Announcement ID to update the Announcement and possibility to "deactivate" it

• Dries_WerckxDries_Werckx Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Josh_Crew said:

Have you been able to find time to share this sollution?
    We are looking into doing this ourselves, but your solution looks even better than what we had in mind!
    I have not with my current work load. Unfortunately, I found another issue with how the portal handles data entry, there is a 4000 character limit to fields. So with that limit, if the announcement is over 4000 chars with html encoding it doesn't work. I'll have to request that these limits correlate with SCSM limits. 
  • shaun_ericsonshaun_ericson Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone,

We have decided to move this into Development, and the feature will include:

- Delegate the right to create announcements to a specified group.  
    - This would use the same functionality we currently use for things like KBManager, CreateOnBehalfOf, etc.
    - The default would be set to the same value as the AnalystsGroup

Let us know if you have any questions, thanks for the awesome idea!

- Shaun

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Hi Everyone,

We have decided to move this into Development, and the feature will include:

- Delegate the right to create announcements to a specified group.  
    - This would use the same functionality we currently use for things like KBManager, CreateOnBehalfOf, etc.
    - The default would be set to the same value as the AnalystsGroup

Let us know if you have any questions, thanks for the awesome idea!

- Shaun

Out of my own personal curiosity, is this due/related to core SCSM 2016 fixing the announcement mechanism or is this within the realm of a pure Cireson solution?
  • shaun_ericsonshaun_ericson Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Pure Cireson solution!
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    This is a much needed request, I'm very glad Cireson prioritized this!
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Hi Shaun,
    quick question, will this new feature allow for the management of existing created announcements (e.g. Modifying, tracking and removing announcements that have already been created), or will this functionality only allow for creating new announcements?

Cheers,
    Adrian
  • Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Does this come with a 7.0.X hotfix and when do you expect it to be ready ?

Thanks
  • carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Shaun,
    quick question, will this new feature allow for the management of existing created announcements (e.g. Modifying, tracking and removing announcements that have already been created), or will this functionality only allow for creating new announcements?

Cheers,
    Adrian
    This feature will restrict access to edit existing announcements and the Manage Announcements page, in addition to creation of new announcements.
  • carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Does this come with a 7.0.X hotfix and when do you expect it to be ready ?

Thanks
    This is currently under development and will be available in a future update to 7.0, as it is still in development we do not have a release date yet but it has been deemed a high priority feature.
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I know this is under development, and no one is likely to want to implement an alternative solution, however I thought I would share what I did to provide delegated announcement creation through a Request Offering and PowerShell workflow, http://aquilaweb.net/2016/11/14/scsm-cireson-portal-announcements/.

David
  • james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Bumping this thread to let everyone know the New Announcement Manager Feature is available in the 7.2 release, available today!
    Download now: http://softwaredownloads.cireson.com/#/

Thanks