Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Searching for a Workitem ID

Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

When we used the SCSM Console, there was a nice little search box in the top right corner that worked like a "Contains" search. I could type just the number of a work item and it would give me results. In the Cireson Work Item search, I have to have the full ID to get any results. Does anyone else find this a bit more difficult? My users are a little upset about it and even go into the console to perform searches because they don't like having to type in the exact ID.

I can make this a feature request but was curious to see if there is a change I can make to alter how the search works first.

Thanks!

27 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Kevin

Currently its only exact ID match, but have converted this to a feature request :)
  • Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks Joe!
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a user ask for this exact feature today in a meeting.  Too bad I already voted it up the other day!

Everyone, kindly take a quick moment out of your day to visualize having this feature, then vote, please.  :)

Good example just in case anyone is on the fence about voting for this or not:

Analyst walks to the IT manager asking them about a ticket they are looking at. Everyone around here filters differently so they can't just say, the one at the top. They provide the number only. The manager tries to search for the number only and gets no results because the Work Item search is looking for an exact match.

Go back in time when we used the SCSM console and use the same scenario. The search option does not need an exact match and will find the result based off of just the portion of the ID you use. It's much easier to find what you need when you don't have to have an exact match.

Just hoping this helps get some positive votes. :)

• Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Kevin, came across another thread where a customization foundation was provided for something similar that you may want to review in the interim.

Presented by @dennis_de_Jager, in this thread: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/3933#Comment_3933

Instead of using the navigation node, using the default search box is possible:

https://github.com/synax/CiresonAdvancedPortalSearch

OOB it has Hardware Asset, Software Asset and User search.

I have made a Search on Locations and Standards as well based on the above Advanced Portal Search.
    As a matter of fact I have also built a Service Request search based on one of our custom fields (reference) based on this code.

You need to find the correct ManagedTypeId for the fields you want to search for and the correct ProjectionTypes for the Projections you want to search on. 

• Dennis_de_JagerDennis_de_Jager Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'm trying to Finish up my version of the CiresonAdvancedPortalSearch,
    it searches all SR,IR,CR and PR for All Analysts.
    for End Users they are able to search their own IRs and SRs.
    Asset Managers are able to search Hardware and Software Assets as well as Catalog Items, Locations, Purchase Orders, Contracts and more.

As we need to make custom pages to show custom field, I have altered the "No data found" message to an URL to such a custom view/page or even a built in view:

This link is defined per SearchType and can be a link to anywhere.

Now I'm working on making Users with a MyTeamRequest view also search their coworkers SRs and IRs.
    That is actually a hard nut to crack, but nothing is impossible
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dennis_de_Jager Keen to see if you have cracked the search for end users WI search....
    Please do share your code if you do as I am sure there are many users out there who would love to share in this ability.

• Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

You got my Vote.

Too many analysts far more created filtered view, this would put an end to filtering perhaps.

This one is pretty old but I feel like it would be an awesome feature still. Giving it a bump.
  • Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Same here, make it happened