Home Analyst Portal

Pie Chart, Auto-Display all Labels

Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Analyst Portal

Hi Guys and Gals,

In the dashboard, just wondering if there is any way to auto-display all of the pie chart labels, rather then just showing the number. We find it kind of annoying having to hover over each section of the pie chart in order to display the relevant label.

I'm hoping this could be done via JavaScript custom.js somehow?

Example:

\

Cheers,

Adrian

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great question @Adrian_Paech.
    I'd say that custom.js would fix this but I'll need to dig around and see how this can be changed.

I'll add it to my list to look at but it might be a while.
    In the mean time, if you do find some useful code, please share it with the community.

Thanks
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks Brett,

If anyone has any ideas how to get this working, would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian

The issue that I have found Adrian, is that there is a single label that is used for all of the "Slices" and it has it's colour and text changed depending on what the user hovers over.
    To get a label next to each one, you would have to generate x number of labels and then position them.

In short, you would have to add a custom.js to add these labels dynamically and stop the default behaviour from happening.
    edited February 2017

Makes sense.

Just wondering if anyone has happened to write something to fix this.

It seems like an obvious thing that almost everyone would want if they happened to display a pie chart in a dashboard.

even in the "out-of-the-box" dashboards, this functionality already exists. (see below)

The dev guys must have a trick up their sleve in order to get the above "out-of-box" reports working like this..

Regards,

Adrian

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Adrian

If using a SQL chart widget it shows:

Are you not getting the legend at the bottom of the screen?
    If that's the case, are you  using SQL or are you using a stored search?

Like @Joe_Burrows shows above, using a SQL command you should get the legend for sure and you can even change it if required (Need  some nifty IIF statements though)

Awesome!

Thanks guys, I will give this a go in a moment.

Cheers,

Adrian

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Strange, in my Dashboard (based on a search query), the labels do not show up at the bottom of the pie chart. I too would prefer to have the ability to have the labels permanently visible next to the pie part line. IMHO if you can show the number of items, you can just add the label as well. This should just work out of the box.