Home Group Assign

Group Assign 7.6.2016.52 - Use Default Container Checkbox

Morten_Aulie_PettersMorten_Aulie_Petters Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
Just a tip. I upgraded to SCSM 2016 for customer and consequently upgraded Cireson Apps to 2016 versions. We shortly discovered that in general everything is fine, its not broken, people can get work done. But the Group Assign app crashed when using the Task button. Error was something like "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." and something more but forgot to take a screenshot.

My tip is that I unchecked the "Use Default Container Checkbox" (AD lookup) just to check if that changed anything. After that it stopped crashing. This setting is new compared to the last version they had. A weird thing is that when I rechecked this checkbox to really really confirm it's still ok. Does not crash.

Comments

• damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Morten_Aulie_Petters
    I am not sure about your upgrade process and if this was the cause, but to make upgrading smoother, if you are doing a migration to a new 2016 environment and not an in place upgrade. Install all the Cireson apps in 2016 before migrating MP's. Either way this is good practice. Glad it worked out for you in the end, and thanks for the heads up.