Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Search KB articles by ID Number

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Simple:  Let us type the ID# for a KB article in the "Knowledge base" search bar at the top of the page, and it opens that article.

Currently, this search only performs a text search.  This has prompted many frustrated user emails from those who are used to typing in the ID in "the old system" and who have had mixed results using the text search.  This seems like an easy win!
13 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

As a temporary, easy work around... Just add the KB Article number to the Keywords. Make sure you separate with a comma (,).

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a little query against the ServiceManagement DB that will put the Article Id in the keywords for easy searching.
    UPDATE [dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] SET Keywords = rtrim (convert(char,ArticleID)) +', '+ Keywords

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no agree button @damon_mulligan and @Justin_Workman, but that is what we have done here.  I have an Orchestrator job run this somewhat frequently.

I would still love to see this become an OOB feature, since this really feels like a hack, and is just one more thing that could potentially break.

KB authors also get confused why this doesn't work right after they have written the article, and they are incredulous when they find out that this doesn't "just work" and that we had to write our own job to force something like that functionality.

With so few votes I expect this will never be done, but it seems like something that should never have required a feature request in the first place, and that someone should just take care of.
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks
    Cireson has done an internal assessment recently of Knowledge Articles as we are using them and have added this to our list of feedback to improve the overall KA Use and Management. Please continue to provide feedback, as even the ideas with only 1 vote matter to us.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @damon_mulligan .  I am looking forward to seeing this in an upcoming version so that I can remove it from my scheduled jobs!
  • Rick_HancksRick_Hancks Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    We've added the article number to the end of our knowledge article title.  It's now part of our process when creating new articles.  Our analysts need the ability to search by the article number.