Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Extending the Service Catalog Beyond IT

Katie_DyerKatie_Dyer Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We will be doing a webinar this month on ways to extend the Service Catalog beyond IT to other departments throughout the business as this has been a common request from customers. More details are coming soon on the webinar specifically, but I thought this would be a great place in the community to share ideas/screenshots of your Service Catalog for collaboration. Join in on the fun and post a screenshot of your Service Catalog below! Also, did you know you can target work item forms at AD groups so that users that are in those groups see a specific custom form? You can display some custom properties to some users and not others. This is also useful for showing some users forms that have some fields enabled and other users see a form with the fields disabled. 

Comments

• Alex_JensenAlex_Jensen Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited February 2018
    Other teams within our company have expressed interest in publishing their services in the service catalog - so we are interested in seeing how other organizations accomplish this.

We are getting ready to launch the Cireson's portal with our upgrade to SCSM 2016. Our old Silverlight portal had way too many categories and unnecessary offerings which made it difficult for users to find an appropriate offering to submit. We are going super simple with the new portal. This is my admin view, so there are several more menu tabs than an end user would see. Additionally, the "Personnel" offerings are scoped to only be visible by our HR users.

• Katie_DyerKatie_Dyer Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing, Alex! This is awesome! Here is the registration link for that webinar: http://go2.cireson.com/af2?LinkID=CH00096971eR00000163AD

This will be recorded and will be available for viewing on our vimeo site (vimeo.com/teamcireson) after if you are unable to attend any of those times. 

We'll cover some ideas that are hopefully useful and will direct customers here for sharing ideas. 
  • alan_Cruzalan_Cruz Customer IT Monkey ✭
    End Users can only see the top half. IT can see the full portal. Admin has an extra section for final testing in Prod. 

• Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I just watched the "NA, SCSM Beyond IT: How to Extend Your Service Catalog to Other Departments" - great stuff! We're interested in implementing the same offerings that Billy Wilson demo'd. Are there any kb articles or anything that would show how to create the great looking customizations on the portal?
  • Katie_DyerKatie_Dyer Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Sandy - Glad you found it beneficial and are looking to implement these offerings/customizations! I'll loop in the appropriate team members at Cireson who can assist and send you an email momentarily. Cheers!  
    Thanks!
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Jeff_Lang said:
    We haven't gone outside of IT yet for requests, but are planning on it in the future, Our Production Home Page is pasted below, initially only the 4 coloured options are displayed, and when clicking on each of them, the Options for those show below. The Listed items below are Created/Pulled directly from the Service/Request Offerings, so no need to modify the portal home page code each time a new SO and/or ARO is added. Favourite Requests also show on the right hand side, i just don't have any set personally :)

@Jeff_Lang could you share how to get this result:
    1. 4 categories menu 
    2. Service icons
    3. Hidden/shown requests
    4. My contact details
    5. Links in header

• Rob_RadabaughRob_Radabaugh Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Jeff_Lang said:
    We haven't gone outside of IT yet for requests, but are planning on it in the future, Our Production Home Page is pasted below, initially only the 4 coloured options are displayed, and when clicking on each of them, the Options for those show below. The Listed items below are Created/Pulled directly from the Service/Request Offerings, so no need to modify the portal home page code each time a new SO and/or ARO is added. Favourite Requests also show on the right hand side, i just don't have any set personally :)

@Jeff_Lang could you share how to get this result:
    1. 4 categories menu 
    2. Service icons
    3. Hidden/shown requests
    4. My contact details
    5. Links in header

+1. Looks great!
    I would love to see this too.....
  • David_AcevedoDavid_Acevedo Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hello, Jeff

How did you increase the Header Bar height? 

• Peter_NordqvistPeter_Nordqvist Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Very nice layout @Jeff_Lang
    I would also be very interested how this is done.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, Jeff

How did you increase the Header Bar height? 

.navbar {
      height: ???px;
    }
  • Ozge_OzkayaOzge_Ozkaya Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Dears,

Is there any guide to create separate SO pages for work items? I want to display the Incident SOs on a separate page.
  • Martin_StrbavyMartin_Strbavy Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi,
    is there any chance to share the solution? or at least High level steps?
  • Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Jeff_Lang
    That layout looks awsome, it should be one of the default layouts to choose from when installing the Portal. The problem we are having is that when more RO are added the user has to scroll trough a lot and trying to find the correct Offering