Home Analyst Portal
Options

Access Control to a field on a form

Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Is it possible to add some code to a form (HardwareAsset.js) in the CustomSpace folder that would make a field read only unless you were in a specific group?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Eric

Yes you would just create a custom form with a new form ID, then add that to "Assign forms to active directory groups" in the admin settings.

Same process for IR\SR\CR etc as outlined here: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/51

Any questions let me know

Cheers
    Joe
  • Options
    @Joe_Burrows thanks, but i was asking more if you could limit access to just a field on a form.  Everyone needs to see the field, but only a few people should have access to change the data in the field.

• Options
    @Joe_Burrows thanks, but i was asking more if you could limit access to just a field on a form.  Everyone needs to see the field, but only a few people should have access to change the data in the field.

Yep same would apply, default form could have read-only on field x (with disabled=true).

Then your custom form could have edit ability on field x (with disabled=false). And that Custom form is assigned to your AD group.

This would avoid having to write custom java script.
  • Options
    @Joe_Burrows can you have more than one of the same custom forms in the CustomSpace folder.  I have the HardwareAsset.js in the CustomSpace folder already and have made quite a few additions.

• Options
    Yep you can have as many as your want, just copy 'default' and give it a meaningful name, this then becomes your form ID you assign to an AD group.