Home Analyst Portal
Options

Hiding "null" fields in the configration item details dialog

Jakob_GottliebJakob_Gottlieb Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
edited May 2016 in Analyst Portal

Hello Everyone!

great to see this new community.

Currently I am trying to help out a customer by removing all the fields that are "null" value in the configuration item details dialog.

another solution could also be to change the null to an empty string, since their end users don't know what null is.

I tried to make some custom.js additions, but I am having a hard time getting it to work.

Does anyone have a good place to start (in the js code events etc) or even an example of how to do this?

thanks!

- Jakob

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    wow thanks for the fast result!.. it is not possible to do with All types at once? (will try it now)
  • Options
    edited May 2016

not sure if this is the correct one .. I am looking for business services in CIs. I thought your example was for users in CI, Users is not a CI type? :)

This looks like it is for a Incident form user picker?

• Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Basically the code for hiding the values would work on that popup as well, you just have to figure out how to target the correct elements for the click event. You'd have to determine if there is a specific page you'd like to see this on. It get's trickier still as you'd want this in a grid view the way you are describing and while it would be pretty easy to get the first page, you'd have to have an event to catch a change to the next 20 items in the grid as those elements don't exist prior to the click event.
  • Options
    I do understand your code, but I am having a hard time figuring out where to find the form names, event names like open-modal etc.
  • Options
    ok thank you. Will try some more. I wish there was some kind of diagram of these events to make this easier. :) thanks a lot!
  • Options
    wow amazing work! .. this will help me find the other stuff I need later!

it works like a charm! .. have a great day.
  • Options
    Ben_TeyBen_Tey Partner Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Excellent ! exactly what customer needed. I have it to hide specific field.
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

What if I wanted to retain my NULL values but show only specific fields? I want my analysts to know that certain fields have not been populated, but we are capable of displaying them.

I've also received requests to reorder these fields.

• Options
    edited August 2016

I figured out how to hide specific fields. The title of the field can be substituted for the 'null' value in the aforementioned example.

I'm still not sure about:

• Field ordering
    • Replacing 'null' with something like 'Not Defined'
    • Updating the User CI info popup on the RO form (Create Request on Behalf Of)
  • Options
    This no longer works in v7. Does anybody have a solution?
  • Options
    Ben_TeyBen_Tey Partner Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @seth_coussens can help to fix it ? This no longer works in v7.x
  • Options
    Marc-Andre_LafleurMarc-Andre_Lafleur Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanks everyone, this is great.

I added support for when the portal is in mobile / small window mode. Seems to work well on 8.1.1 and 7.x.

//hide null values in user object info<br>app.custom.formTasks.add('Incident', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {<br>&nbsp;formObj.boundReady(function () {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$('.input-userpicker .info-icon').each(function (index){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$(this).on('click', function (e) {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;console.log("Clicked for user information...");<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;setTimeout(function (){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;if(app.isMobile()) {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;console.log("Hiding null elements for mobile page...");<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$('#objectInfo #info dl dd').each(function(index){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var infoItem = $(this)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;if(infoItem[0].innerText == "null"){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;infoItem.prev().hide();<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;infoItem.hide();<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;});<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;else {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;console.log("Hiding null elements for desktop page...");<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$('#objectInfo tbody td').each(function(index){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var ele = $(this);<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var par = ele.parent('tr');<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;if(ele.text() === 'null')<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;par.hide();<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;});<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;}, 250);<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;});<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;});<br>&nbsp;});<br>});
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not tried this yet, but I had to add a like just for the fact that you are addressing this!