Home Analyst Portal

Make fields Classification and Source mandatory

Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
In the old forms when creating a IR you were not able to save it before the field Classification category is populated. The Field Source was Auto populated when creating an Incident in the SCSM Consle by default as "Console". is there a solution to make these fields mandatory in the POrtal as well or should it be reflected from SCSM? 

Best Answers

• john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Robert,
    You can make a field required in the Incident form by copying the form template (Incident.js) from C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\templates to the C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace folder.
    Edit the js file, find the Classification control definition and add Required:true
    { DataType: "Enum", PropertyDisplayName: "Classification", PropertyName: "Classification", EnumId: '1f77f0ce-9e43-340f-1fd5-b11cc36c9cba', Required: true },

You can preset values for controls on the form by defining a template and setting that template as the default template for incident creation.
    Alternatively you could use JavaScript to set the values when the incident is new. I think this is the simpler of the solutions to implement.

• Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for a quik response. I will try this out

Answers

• john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Robert,
    You can make a field required in the Incident form by copying the form template (Incident.js) from C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\templates to the C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace folder.
    Edit the js file, find the Classification control definition and add Required:true
    { DataType: "Enum", PropertyDisplayName: "Classification", PropertyName: "Classification", EnumId: '1f77f0ce-9e43-340f-1fd5-b11cc36c9cba', Required: true },

You can preset values for controls on the form by defining a template and setting that template as the default template for incident creation.
    Alternatively you could use JavaScript to set the values when the incident is new. I think this is the simpler of the solutions to implement.

Answer ✓
    Thank you for a quik response. I will try this out
    Worked like a charm
    What properties is available for these controls. I want to set a default value for the Source control to Console is that also possible in the Incident.js template?
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The info you need is located below:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/51#/
    The info you need is located below:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/51#/

so how would i go about to make the listPicker have a default value as Source when i open e new incident, or a default value in the support group list quikcreate? Is it the property "name"?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robert_Osterberg If you are trying to now set a default template with specific fields filed out. Create a new template or update DefaultIncidentTemplate with your needs. 
    Then in the portal Settings update the value to match your template.

i will check it out