Home Analyst Portal

Is the a way to show more than 8 icons for a Service Offering when viewing the Service Catalog Home?

Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
We have a number of Service Offerings that contain more than 8 request offerings (several over 15). One of the items a number of our analysts and end-users have commented on is the fact that when viewing the service catalog home page, only up to 8 of the request offerings within a single service offering show up and they must drill down two more levels in order to see all of the request offerings. Ideally I'm wondering if there is a modification that would show all of the icons for RO's within an SO? Does anyone have any ideas on this? (Example: if there are 20 ROs, show 4 rows of 5 or 5 rows of 4 or similar)

I've attached a screenshot showing an SO with the limit of 8 RO icons visible.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jonathan, 

I know that at my previous job that this was an issue that we were having. I would suggest raising a Portal Feature Request to be able to customise the number of requests visible in a Service Offering on the Home Page. 

The way we got around it was to create multiple Service Offerings and ensure that up to 8 requests were visible in each SO. I.E. You could have Submit a Request 1 have 8 requests and Submit a Request 2 contain 4 more requests. 
  • Dieter_SaerensDieter_Saerens Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Jonathan

The Alternative Homepage was meant to accommodate what you are asking, you ca read more about it here:

https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1105#/

In the future we are looking to extend the new Dashboard widget functionality to the Service Catalog Home Page, so that you can customize it fully.

Thanks

Any update about when this Dashboard widget functionality would be added?
  • james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Dieter_Saerens
    It looks like it is one of the top feature requests:
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1415/homepage-customisation-with-widgets#latest
    However, there are some big requests we are tackling first.  Keep on eye on that feature request for updates