Home General Discussion

Overview Knowledge Base empty when visibility=no, public=yes

Hi,

I seem to be having weird behavior.
We've opted for a custom homepage with links to the needed pages on there, so we wanted to have all links removed from the navigation pane, except for a few frequently used ones. This works perfectly for all hidden pages, except for the KB.

With other pages, "Visible" determines whether it is visible in the navigation pane, and Public determines whether everyone can view the page upon following the link.

With the KB, if I hide the link in the navigation pane, and follow the same link, the overview is all empty. If I then look for articles, I can find them and view them, so it seems the rights are all in place correctly.

I've even tried to put the KB in a folder, set the KB to visible, and the folder to invisible. But this still has the undesired effect of resulting in an empty overview page.

Atm, I've just set the .nav_trigger to display:none, as we only have one folder in the nav bar and it's the container for KB, but this is not really an elegant solution to say the least. I was wondering whether I am doing something wrong, or whether this is unexpected behavior?

With kind regards,

Dorus Rolvink

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dorus_Rolvink - Are you just trying to hide the NavNode for KB or do you want to disable it all together?  There's a setting for UseHtmlKb in Admin Settings/Setting Items.