Home Analyst Portal

Is it possible to allow end users to search Work Items?

Steve_BarnardSteve_Barnard Partner IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

A request has come in whereby they would like end users to be able to use the Work Item search in the portal. Not sure why they would want to do this but just need to know if it's possible. If so, how do we enable this for end users?

Regards

Steve

Best Answer

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget they'll have to have Queue Permissions in order to search and ultimately view.
  • Steve_BarnardSteve_Barnard Partner IT Monkey ✭
    I was so focused on the drop-down menu at the top of the portal, I completely overlooked the navigation menu!  Doh! Thanks guys. :)
  • Joakim_NormannJoakim_Normann Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    @Brian_Wiest Do you know if this setting will also enable the end-users to search for work items from the search bar?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will not update the abilities of the omni search box at the top.
    Is it possible to enable work item search for end-users in the searchbar? The search page is not the easiest to navigate and use if your computer knowledge is limited. 
    In the portal 
    Navigation Settings
    Search 
    Add check for Public 
    Or the groups of public users who you want to see.
    I have tried that, but it doesn't enable the end user to search for work items in the top search bar. The only thing they can search for in that field is Service Catalog and Knowledge Base. I also want them to have the option to search for work items in that field, just like an Analyst. 

End-user:

Analyst:

It will not update the abilities of the omni search box at the top.

I have enabled the search function for our end users, but when I try to search for a work item while logged on to the portal as our test user (which has the same access as our end users) the search result returns empty even though I know that there is at least one work item that the user is the affected user on. I can see the work item under My Requests.

It doesn't matter if I search for all work items where Title contains the word Test or Incidents specifically. They all return zero matches. I have verified before the search that the title contains test.

Is there any permissions that the end users need in order to use the search function?

For your information, we use queues to limit the end users to only see the tickets where they are the affected user on.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

The Work Item Search will only show the work items you are scoped to, not the work items that are visible to that user through implied permissions.

End Users can use the Search function if the view is made public in the navigation settings and the end user is scoped to work items using queues.

Thanks,

Shane