Home Service Manager

Images in Service Manager emails

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Service Manager
In our organisation we have been rebranded so users email signatures have images. These images are being stripped out and attached separately to tickets which reduces the number of available attachments. Is there a way to restrict this from happening?

We have also been asked to rebrand the emails with a logo. From other threads I can see samples with images and I wondered if they have experienced issues of staff replying to SCSM emails and the system stripping out the image and attaching it separately?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you might need @Adam_Dzyacky's Exchange connector.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two ways this could be acheived:

1. An always running Orchestrator runbook to constantly evaluate whether or not the Work Item that just got created has attachments that need to get removed. This is however is addressing the problem after the fact. Maybe this is good enough, maybe it isn't.
    2. Some kind of alternative Exchange Connector that addresses the problem at its root by not even adding the attachments in the first place. As @Justin_Workman points out - I have in fact created such a thing. https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2471/an-smlets-based-exchange-connector
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    There are two ways this could be acheived:

1. An always running Orchestrator runbook to constantly evaluate whether or not the Work Item that just got created has attachments that need to get removed. This is however is addressing the problem after the fact. Maybe this is good enough, maybe it isn't.
    2. Some kind of alternative Exchange Connector that addresses the problem at its root by not even adding the attachments in the first place. As @Justin_Workman points out - I have in fact created such a thing. https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2471/an-smlets-based-exchange-connector
    Thanks @Adam_Dzyacky. We have our mailbox in O365 at the moment. Has this new exchange connector been used with 0365 (does it make any difference)? What triggers have people used for the exchange connector? We usually stick to Orch but are there other ways?

I personally have not tested this against 365 but it is using the identical Exchange Web Services used in the OOB connector so I don't know why it wouldn't work. My only guess right now may have to do with how auto-discover is handled by Microsoft but I know @Tom_Hendricks has accounted for this by allowing you to use a hardcoded auto-discover address. Never the less, it's certainly something I can test out.

The trigger for Orchestrator would be looking for is a Monitor Object style runbook that looks for Incidents and/or Service Requests that move from New to some other status. Capture those, grab their related Attachments, and remove the ones less than a certain file size.
    edited March 2018
    I knew there was a thread I meant to come back to!

The Office 365 Exchange endpoint might have to be manually set depending on how your organization is communicating with Microsoft. The universal endpoint you/everyone can use to query your SCSM WF account in 365 will be https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx.

As far as other triggers go from an SCO perspective - there is a lot you could do. Keeping in mind that going this route means you're going to need to be careful so as to not interfere with the stock Exchange Connector's processing logic. Whereas the PowerShell version of the connector lets you do all of this in a single connector and control all of the logic however you see fit.