Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add and Apply

We have had clients who believe the when they comment in a Work Item and click the Add button their additions are saved permanently. They then navigate away from the Work Item without clicking Apply or Save. Upon inquiring about their request, they identify their comment had not been saved into the Work Item. 

I think when clicking the Add button the Apply function should automatically trigger, confirming their addition is recorded.
11 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Luke_SLuke_S Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Up vote.  We've recently switched from the MS Portal to the Cireson Portal, this issue has caused many confused (and frustrated) calls from our clients to the Service Centre - the client is adamant they have provided information/comment however it has not been saved.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful here.  This can lead to data conflict errors and lost input on tickets as a result.  We have had the auto save on comment in our environment, and I am pulling it out.

I could upvote this, however, if this could be done in such a way that it would never kick off the SCSM workflows (other than for comments).  If the workflows for status change, for example, are kicked off on this save then you might find yourself at odds with an update made by the service account.
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We have this a lot. It would be nice if the 'Add' button triggered the 'Apply' process or there was some warning that the changes have not been saved yet.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1851/pulsating-save-button-in-drawer-taskbar#latest help the middle ground. Makes the users spot the save along with addressing the issues @Tom_Hendricks details. 
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use that same save button modification too.  I have found that some education about what to look at when you get the "unsaved data will be lost" message helps mitigate further.  Some folks ignore that message because they think that a minute of work time was getting added to the ticket while they were viewing it, and nothing else.