Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Analyst Tasks Missing from Community Portal

We have the Cireson Community Portal 8.3.1 installed and running. In previous versions, Analyst were able to work tickets through the My Work view. Tasks to complete Incidents and change fields on work items. These tasks no longer appear in the new version of the portal we are running. I am wondering if these features were removed in later versions of the community portal. I have checked the DB and the users are flagged as Analysts. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. We had some customizations to allow Analysts to work via the portal but they no longer can. Here are the only options available to Analysts through the My Work View:

Best Answer

Answers

• Matt_Strachan1Matt_Strachan1 Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited February 2018
    An update - I have realized that the portal is not recognizing users as Analysts. I have the AD Group setup for our SCSM Operators in the portal. They can work as admin in the console. For some reason the portal is not recognizing users as Analysts. Does anyone know a fix for this?

I have verified the accounts are flagged as Analyst in the ServiceManagement Database
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Matt

Which version did you upgrade from? The analyst functionality does require a Analyst Portal License, I could arrange a trial license if you want to test and see if that lights up all the functionality thats missing.

Regards
    Joe
  • Matt_Strachan1Matt_Strachan1 Member IT Monkey ✭
    We a previous version of the free portal that included the multiple tabs on work items (activities, related items etc.) and a .drawer Tasks list that allowed us to Assign To Analyst by Group and resolve the incidents. I do not know the version as that server was decommissioned. Were those features not supposed to be in the free community Portal? Does the free portal not check for the Analyst flag from the DB?
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    We a previous version of the free portal that included the multiple tabs on work items (activities, related items etc.) and a .drawer Tasks list that allowed us to Assign To Analyst by Group and resolve the incidents. I do not know the version as that server was decommissioned. Were those features not supposed to be in the free community Portal? Does the free portal not check for the Analyst flag from the DB?
    Not that I am aware of, the free community edition is more for end users to raise requests from the service catalog. I will double check with the team to confirm.
This discussion has been closed.