Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Save Button Redirect Options

Ray_DiDonatoRay_DiDonato Member IT Monkey ✭
We are just getting started testing the Portal in our organization.  Our first call support team is asking about how they can submit a SR, and then immediately be presented with a blank form to submit again.   They don't want to be taken to the My Requests tab every time.  Is there a way that I can get "Save" to submit the item and then open up a blank form again?  I'm thinking it may need to be a new button because some teams will want this and some won't.
9 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be a feature request.  Perhaps someone at Cireson could convert this post?

Every time we bring in someone new, I can count on a confused/angry email about this, and I have to spend time talking them off the ledge.  (That may seem like an overreaction, but think about often per day some people click the save button, as opposed to others.  The little things start to seem bigger than they otherwise might).
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Converted and moved to feature request.
  • Raymond_DidonatoRaymond_Didonato Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I wanted to circle back around to this question because I think it can be solved without my original "new button" idea.  I've read a couple of other posts with a similar idea, and perhaps my phrasing of the question was misleading to begin.

What if I posed the question like this:
    Using custom JavaScript, if someone submits a specific request offering, can I redirect them away from the My Requests view and put them right back at a blank form of the same request offering type that they just submitted?  And, what would that JavaScript be?  I'm still learning.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a property (in Javascript) that stores the page that the user will be sent to on save or cancel, and you just need to replace the URL.  I think this would be better if Cireson made it a configurable setting on the portal, but it can definitely be handled with code.  I am unfortunately not able to sketch out what the code would look like, right this moment, but wanted to respond.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Everyone,

This is a great idea so up-voted. In the meantime, both options could be done as a customisation.

For the extra button eg 'Save and New', it would need to call
    pageForm.save()
    and then reload the page.

For the editing the return to page, this is the code to set the 'Back' url:
    app.lib.setFormReturnUrl("/Incident/New");
    so you would need a custom task for each WI type, that runs when the URL contains 'New' that sets that. Then upon clicking 'Save', it will return to a fresh 'New' page.

If anyone wants to have a go at building this out fully, I'm very happy to help.

Geoff
  • Raymond_DidonatoRaymond_Didonato Customer IT Monkey ✭
    For now, I have written this code to redirect our service desk from the My Requests view back to the RO page:

(function () {

$(document).ready(function () {

const observer = new MutationObserver (function (mutations) {
                   mutations.forEach(function (mutation) {
                        if(mutation.target.className == 'page_content') {
                            let url = window.location.href;
                            if (url == '<PortalURL>/View/c5161e06-2378-4b44-aa89-5600e2d3b9d8') {
                                let oldURL = document.referrer;
                                if (oldURL == '<PortalURL>/SC/ServiceCatalog/RequestOffering/<RO URL>') {
                                    window.location.href = '<PortalURL>/SC/ServiceCatalog/RequestOffering/<RO URL>';
                               }
                            }
                       }
                   });
                });

const pageElement = document.getElementById('main_wrapper');
              observer.observe(pageElement, {
                   attributes: true,
                   subtree: true,
              });

});

})();