Home Analyst Portal

Screen freezes in resolve incident window

Alan_FosterAlan_Foster Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem but when I go to resolve a ticket (from Edge) this screen will get ‘stuck’ on the drop down for the Resolution Category.  I have to click Cancel and re-open the ‘Change Status’ option.It happens about ¼ of the time.

Best Answer

Answers

• Matt_MedleyMatt_Medley Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem but when I go to resolve a ticket (from Edge) this screen will get ‘stuck’ on the drop down for the Resolution Category.  I have to click Cancel and re-open the ‘Change Status’ option.It happens about ¼ of the time.

Hey Alan, which version of the portal are you using?
  • Alan_FosterAlan_Foster Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Current Portal Version: 8.0.2012.6
    Management Pack Version: 7.7.2012.185 
  • Matt_MedleyMatt_Medley Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Current Portal Version: 8.0.2012.6
    Management Pack Version: 7.7.2012.185 
    Hey Alan, I'm not seeing this at all. Do you have any 3rd party add-ons that are loaded in Edge while you're using the portal?
  • Alan_FosterAlan_Foster Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I have not actually seen it myself either, I have two users that have reported it.  One user, my manager I know does have add-ons in Chrome that have affected the Cireson portal not displaying correctly.  I will ask the other user if they have any add-ons in Edge.
  • Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Good morning
    We have just migrated to SCSM2016 and Cireson portal v 8.3.1.2016 and the Resolve Incident task fails whereby you enter the resolution reason then select ok and get the following message appears (see attached document.) This happens in IE11, Chrome and Edge.
    Kind regards
    Eugene Rack

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eugene_Rack
    I wonder if you have a customization that might be affecting this?  I'm on SCSM2016 and 8.3.1 of the portal and the Change Status/Resolved task works as expected for me.
    @Justin_Workman
    Hello Justin
    That could be the case. We do have other code in the custom.js but not sure what might be causing it. Should I log a call with your support or could I send you the custom.js for you to have a quick check?
    Kind regards
    Eugene
    You can add your custom.js here if you're able.  I can take a look.  
    Good afternoon @Justin_Workman
    Attached is the custom.js file. Hope it helps and you find a solution.
    Thanx
    Eugene
    Hello @Justin_Workman
    Did you get a chance to look at the .js code regarding the Resolve Incident issue?
    @Eugene_Rack - I have briefly looked at your custom.js.  I've added it to my lab and I get your Resolve task, but I think I'm missing some pieces.  
    @Justin_Workman - Sorry, yes there is a HTML file. Attached now. I had to rename it so it would upload. If you replace.txt with .html that should work. Thanx very much for looking into this.