Home Advanced Send Email

Adding properties to Advanced Send Email template

Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
edited February 2018 in Advanced Send Email
Is it possible to add the SCSM "substitution strings" properties into an email template and use the in the Cireson Portal. i can`t get it work properly to get the workitem ID in a URL to work. Iam working with the Send Email task from the Portal.
For refrence:
<a href="https://XXXX/Incident/Edit/$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$">Add Comment to Action Log</a>

Best Answers

Answers

• Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    thank you for the answer. then it should not be able to set templates for the send email funktion.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    To can set only specific templates to be shown in the dialog box in settings. 
    Portal - Admin - Settings - NotificationTemplatePrefix 
    Set the value what you want This example = Email
    Then in the console create a new template with title
    Email-HelpDeskResponse 
    Then that will be on only available template in the dialog box.
    HTH
    Yes i know and i have tried it. But as long as we don`t ahave the ability to recive email responses via SCSM a template with som reply info would be great. But when creating the prefixed template "EMAIL" and the adding properties these are not treated as html and just show up as is in the email.
    Answer ✓
    Yes but in this case it was the advenced send email app in the console. But we will use it as is and not put in more time on 
  • Kevin_StaceyKevin_Stacey Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi @Justin_Workman , do the @ mention double curly braces work in the Send Email task? I've viewed the KB you linked as well as https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1168#/ which seems to hint towards being able to use them, but when I've tried it doesn't work.
    I copied the template from the Action Log Mentions Notification setting, which has been tested and does work, and pasted that into the Body Template for the Send Email Task. When the email is received the property values are not substituted, it just displays exactly as entered i.e. {{Id : WorkItem}}
    The portal version tested in is 8.12.9.2016. Thanks!
    @Kevin_Stacey
    This is the email template for the @mention notification that is sent out not for the send email task. so no these {{properties does not work}} in sendemail task.