Home Service Manager

Quickly assigning job to Analyst (can we expose the 'Assign to Me' task in individual ROs?)

Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭

Hi All

Is there a way to use the [logged in user] token as the Assigned User when designing a Request Offering in the portal?  When mapping user responses to SR fields, Assigned To user doesn't appear in the list of options to map to the work item.

Seems to be a limited number of uses of this token - even including the AD > User query list there appears to be no way out of the box to map the results to this field.

This is to make logging and assigning to themselves as quick as possible (at point of gathering info from customer) without a second visit to the work item to assign it to themselves once it's been saved.

If not, can we expose the Cireson portal  Assign to Me as a task in specific forms?

Best Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Paul

There is no way to expose the task (that im aware of) on the request offering form. A sugguest the analysts use the "New" drawer rather than the service catalog to raise incidents, but this would depend on process\habit.

The token itself can be used in a query result if you have it in the format of DOMAIN\USERNAME, if you set this on a property in the AD user class (A few blogs online that have solutions for setting this in the CMDB) then you can query on TOKEN: Username.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions or if I have mis-interpreted your request.

Cheers
    Joe

• Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Jeff_Lang haven't used Cireson PS activity but am boning up on it now.

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Paul

There is no way to expose the task (that im aware of) on the request offering form. A sugguest the analysts use the "New" drawer rather than the service catalog to raise incidents, but this would depend on process\habit.

The token itself can be used in a query result if you have it in the format of DOMAIN\USERNAME, if you set this on a property in the AD user class (A few blogs online that have solutions for setting this in the CMDB) then you can query on TOKEN: Username.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions or if I have mis-interpreted your request.

Cheers
    Joe

Hi Joe

I can't seem to find a reasonable solution to this (although I haven't been looking for a whole year!) would it involve extending the user class with the authoring tool or without the use of Orchestrator?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submitted the idea over a year ago and has not received any upvotes
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/671/allow-agent-picker-on-service-offerings#latest
    you have now......  :)

• Matt_Strachan1Matt_Strachan1 Member IT Monkey ✭
    I don't know if this would help but I have implemented an Assign To Me runbook that runs on specific offerings. This works on SRs and Incidents.

I created a custom class extension bool1 for SR and IR. Created the template in SCSM with the runbook template on the work item. Published a Request Offering based on the template. The True/False field on the portal will allow our analysts to assign it to themselves or not. I am not sure if this helps but it is working great for us. The .NET script just checks the bool1 for True/False. The labels are generic on this but it just creates the Assigned To User relationship.

Runbook:

Offering:

Hi Matt

Alas, this is an enduring problem for us as we do not have #SCORCH installed as part of our solution. This would solve it for us if we had.
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Jeff_Lang haven't used Cireson PS activity but am boning up on it now.