Home Service Manager

setting an SLO metric for a Service Request Review Activity

Andy_LeopoldAndy_Leopold Customer IT Monkey ✭

anyone have any detailed steps for setting an slo on a Review activity that stops when the RA is completed?

thanks in advance

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Just to make sure - would it be acceptable if you could have an SLO such as the Start/End time of a Review Activity based on the RAs Actual Start Date and Actual End Date properties? i.e. when the RA moves from In-Progress to Completed?

If so, your first step is going to be this management pack: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/SCSM-Actual-Start-and-End-2c6d40e2 as it is a workflow based MP that sets those values automatically when said events occur. Apart from the reporting you could gain from this, it would grant you the ability to create said Metric/SLO.
  • Andy_LeopoldAndy_Leopold Customer IT Monkey ✭
    thanks @Adam_Dzyacky
    I have the management pack, i just cant seem to get the metric configuration to work 
    So first, you'll need the Metric created. This does nothing more than simply create the logic, it does nothing in and of itself.

Next, you'll want to go create a logical grouping of all of the Review Activities that you are going to want to put an SLO on otherwise known as a Queue. Head into Library -> Queues and build a Queue around the Review Activity class per the criteria you need. For example "All Review Activites that have X in the Title" etc. etc. Once again, in and of itself the Queue does nothing.

Next, if you haven't created it. You're going to need a Calendar to define the Working Hours/Days. Ultimately the SLO created is going to use this calendar as a means to determine when it needs to be enforced. Just like the items above, the Calendar will do nothing in and of itself.

Finally, you will now be able to create an SLO as now you'll be able to select the Queue you need, the Metric you'll measure against, and the Calendar it should weigh against for the Target Hours/Warning Threshold configured.
    thanks @Adam_Dzyacky, does the class for the SLO need to be Review activity as well?

Yes
    thanks again Adam_Dzyacky,, i still must be missing something. Im still not getting the SLO to appear once the SR is created. 

edited March 2018
    Once the SR gets created, is the RA the first activity in your process? I'm only asking just to make sure that the MP we referenced above is actually engaging at the time we expect (i.e. it only marks the Actual Start Date when the RA moves from Pending to In-Progress)