Home General Discussion

Closed incident reactivated !!

PrakharPrakhar Member IT Monkey ✭
Hi, 

We faced a new issue of reactivated closed incident. The incident was resolved on 7th Feb and should be closed by 21st Feb, as we have applied closed setting for 14 days but the user reactivated the incident on 22nd and it got reactivated.

Kindly suggest.

Best Answer

Answers

• David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Prakhar,

Im guessing your using cireson autoclose MP to do this

could it be the case that the incident was reactivated on the 22nd before the workflow for autoclose run? as even though its set at 14 days this is only applied once per day when the autoclose workflow runs?

can you confirm that the incident actually went from resolved into the closed state in the history?
  • PrakharPrakhar Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi David,

The Cireson Auto Close workflow runs at 5 am and the incident should get closed by 22nd Feb at 5 am. 

The incident did not went to resolved state as I can see in the history.

The Cireson Auto Close workflow is running without any issues and we received this error for only a single incident.
  • David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Ok from the workitem history can you tell me in days/hours/mins the following time

When the incident was originally resolved
    When the incident was moved from resolved to closed
    when the incident went from closed to Active after it was re-activated

thanks

Dave
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prakhar - There is a potential gap from the resolution time + 14 days and the workflow firing.  Nothing actually happens at Resolution Time + 14 days.  That's just the criteria used when the workflow looks for incidents to close.  It's possible the incident could have been activated after the Resolution Time + 14 days, but before the workflow got to it.
    The incident was resolved on 7th Feb at 9:43 am.
    There is no history of getting incident into closed state.
    The incident was activated on 22nd Feb at 19:02 pm.

The Auto close workflow runs at 5:00 am 

@Justin_Workman - I know there is a gap of time, but according to the conditions the incident should be closed by  22nd Feb.

@Justin_Workman, @David_Morris1 - Also I am nto able to see history in the Cireson portal after the resolution date (7th Feb), but I am able to see full history in Service Manager console.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prakhar
    What version of the portal are you using?  If you click Show History on the History tab of the incident, it should show the history.
    @Justin_Workman : We are using the following currently

Current Portal Version: 7.4.2012.9 

Management Pack Version: 7.7.2012.185 

I am not able to see full history in the portal. The history is available till the first resolved date (7th Feb). This happens in other work items also.

Kindly suggest.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prakhar What is your history grooming set to in the console? 
    Admin -- Settings -- Data Retention Settings -- History
    If that is really low, your grooming is removing the history
    @Brian_Wiest The history retention settings are set to 365 days. This issues does not occur for all work items, but it occurs for some work items.
    For the affected work items does the history fully populate in the console?
    @Brian_Wiest : Yes, the history is fully populating in console.
    So in the portal if you open up dev tool and then click history it should give you an error. 
    Sounds like some task or history element is causing a display issue when it builds the json call. 
    Thinking special character in a workflow account or something of that effect.